October 27, 2008

New Banner

I've always loved banners. I enjoy searching review sites and checking out author's banners, comparing the static banners to the animated banners, the erotic book banners to the suspense banners and so on. It's interesting, checking to see just how others choose to promote themselves and their books.

So recently, I decided to try my hand at making a banner. While not the first time I've done this, I have to admit that it hasn't gotten any easier for me. In fact, this banner, which promotes me as an author and not a specific book, was kind of a pain. You see, I'm not that good at Photoshop. Before too long I wind up cursing at the computer as if it should be able to read my mind and do what I want it to do without me needing to push the right button. (does this sound like any of you?) Anyway, after much trial and error, I came up with the following banner.



Photobucket




I'm not sure if this is something I'll keep or not. What do you think?




~Sarah

0 comments: